The process of securing your continuing education hours has significantly changed this year. Please read the instructions below carefully.
ACES is proud to offer our conference attendees Continuing Education (CE) hours for select programs approved by the National Board for Certified Counselor (NBCC). If you wish to receive CEs for the approved programs that you attend, you must purchase CEs. CEs can be purchased at the time of your registration or on-site at the conference. No CEs can be purchased after the conference. Please note that this is change from previous conferences, but the policy has been changed to meet NBCC deadlines for receipt of the continuing education certificate.
The cost for CEs is $20.00. You can log into Cvent and verify that you have paid for CEs. If you did not pay, you can add CEs to your registration until noon on Sunday, October 13, 2019. ACES is not liable or responsible for any CE refunds if you fail to complete your session evaluations.
Please note that not all conference programs may be eligible for CEs. Program content must be consistent with NBCC policies and guidelines in order to be approved for CE credit. NBCC Content areas include: Counseling Theory/Practice and the Counseling Relationship, Human Growth and Development, Social and Cultural Foundations, Group Dynamics, Career Development, Assessment, Research and Program Evaluation, Counselor Professional Identity and Practice, and Wellness and Prevention. Any program that is not eligible for CE credit will be noted with CE 0.00 in the conference program and No CE in the conference app, Crowd Compass.
Be sure that you use the tracking form in the Conference Program to track your program attendance. This form is also available for download on the ACES Conference website. You can use this form to double check that you have completed session evaluations for all sessions that you attend. This form is for your reference and does not need to be turned into ACES. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CE CREDIT FOR ANY SESSION THAT YOU DO NOT EVALUATE! Your session evaluation serves as proof of your attendance at sessions.
How to complete SESSION EVALUATION:
All sessions will be evaluated in the Cvent Crowd Compass app
• Download the Crowd Compass AttendeeHub app by Cvent
• Search for ACES 2019 Conference and follow the instructions to log in. Remember to use the email you used to register for the conference
• From the Schedule, add sessions that you attend to ‘My Schedule.’ Sessions MUST be added to My Schedule to be able to evaluate them
• By October 27, 2019, complete the session evaluations
Timeline and Process for earning CEs:
- October 13, 2019: Conference attendees verify and pay for CEs. NO CEs CAN BE PAID FOR OR ADDED AFTER THE CONFERENCE ENDS
- October 27, 2019: Conference attendees must complete session evaluations via the Cvent system.
Please remember that your session evaluation is proof of your session attendance and that you cannot receive CEs for any session not evaluated.
- October 27 – December 26, 2019: Conference attendees who purchase CEs will receive their CE certificate via email.
ACES has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 1002. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. ACES is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
For additional information on the Continuing Education process, please contact Dana Griffin at email@example.com or Kori Babel at KHBabelPHD@gmail.com