Education, Career-Focused, and Panel Sessions
- Screens and projectors will be provided in each room.
- HDMI connection cables will be provided to connect laptops to projectors. Your computer should have a HDMI output or you will need to bring an adapter or “dongle” (Mac users).
- Presenters are responsible for bringing their own laptop, chargers, clickers, speakers, and any computer adapters/dongles to connect their computer to the projector.
- Boards will be provided for poster presentations. The dimensions are 4 feet by 8 feet.
- Presenters are responsible for printing and providing their poster.
- Although push pins will be provided, you may want to bring some as “back up” if your poster presentation is later in the conference
- Roundtables will be held at actual round tables with 10 total chairs.
- You will not have the ability to use a screen and projector for roundtable sessions.
- You are encouraged, though not required, to upload handouts/materials associated with your session in the conference app, Crowd Compass. Please see Crowd Compass instructions.
- Presenters are responsible for any hard copy handouts they wish to provide to participants. There are print services available at the conference hotel (for a fee), yet we recommend you bring any hard copies with you to save time and money.
Instructions to Upload Handouts to Crowd Compass
As a speaker at the 2019 ACES Conference, you should have received an email on Monday, September 23, 2019 inviting you to VIP Access to manage your speaker profile. Once you click that link, you can update your speaker information (personal information, not presentation type, title, speakers, etc). You can add a head shot, bio, and session handouts in PDF. Please follow the instructions below.
Using the VIP Admin Center
Edit your content
1. Access the VIP Admin Center. Login to CrowdCompass using the invitation that was sent to your email. Once you update your account, you’ll automatically be brought to the VIP Admin Center.
2. Edit your heart out. The VIP Admin Center displays a list of all of the speakers and organizations whose profiles you have permission to modify. Just click Edit next to your desired page and use the text fields to add or edit as you see fit.
Towards the bottom of the page, under the Assets header, you can upload images and documents to help flesh out your page even more.
Don’t forget to click Update once you’ve finished.
- Please begin and end your session on time. Education and Roundtable sessions are 50 minutes long, and there is only 10 minutes in between sessions for the next presenters to prepare for their sessions.
- Please take any overflow conversations after your presentation to another location.
- Take all of your materials (e.g., handouts) and personal effects (e.g., notes, trash) with you when you leave. Be sure to check for peripherals you might have brought with you (e.g., clicker, charger).
- If you changed the room configuration for your presentation, please put it back to the original set up for the next presentation.
Please review and utilize the ADA accessibility guidelines listed on the ACES conference website to ensure your presentation is accessible for all attendees: http://aces2019.net/Accessibility
If you would like to request any ADA accommodations for your presentation, please send an email to Kelley Mautz, Accommodations Chairperson, email@example.com. In your email, please state your presentation title, the day and time of your presentation, and the accommodation(s) you are requesting. Please note, this is for presentation accommodations only. Accommodations for the rest of the conference can be indicated on your conference registration form or by contacting Robin Lee, Registration Chairperson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Important Information
- As you agreed to when you submitted your proposal, no changes to your presentation day/time can be made.
- No requests will be honored to have your sessions on a particular day/time
- Individuals can be listed on two peer-reviewed presentations during the regular conference session only (ACES INFORM is not included in the two session limit). If a person is listed on more than two presentations, the presentation is subject to cancellation.
Thank you for your time and participation in ACES. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Jennifer M. Cook, ACES 2019 Conference Proposal Chair